"Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in His holy habitation. God settles the solitary in a home; He leads out the prisoners to prosperity, but the rebellious dwell in a parched land." Psalm 68:4-5

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 24 in Ecuador

Well I am back home now while my Mom, Jenna, and Sofia finish up the process in Ecuador. I already miss my friends and the rest of my family who are still waiting in Ecuador. I also just miss this country. I love Ecuador and hope to go back again someday soon.
But I am so glad to be with my Dad and Alison again. Wow, I missed Alison so much. The morning after I got home, she was very excited to see me, and I was excited to see her. I think she grew since I was gone! 

Today Alison and I had a snow day from school so we've been enjoying watching TV and eating chocolate-chip cookie dough. :) 

Alison loved the Ecuadorian pants my Dad brought her back from his last trip. Right here she was about to prepare a traditional Ecuadorian-snack - fried bananas! :)

Sofia had her doctor's appointment on Tuesday. My mom reported that she was crazy in the waiting room! My mom said that everything is going well with Sofia's behavior as long as they stay in the apartment. Jenna and Sofia are enjoying watching movies on the portable DVD player. Sofia has been copying Jenna's English. We had been talking to her primarily in Spanish so Jenna's English is helping her to learn.

Today, my Mom and Sofia are able to start the exit process to come home which is great news! Hopefully they can get Sofia's passport and cedula on Monday, fly to Guayaquil on Tuesday for her visa, and come home Wednesday! This time last year we were still waiting on a court-date. This process is going much smoother and quicker! We are so pleased!

Our friends Zoe' and Gabi left Wednesday afternoon. It was so good to have them with us!

Please pray that Mom, Sofia, and Jenna can fly back home on Wednesday. This would mean that they would be home two and a half weeks earlier than last year! 





No comments:

Post a Comment